Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Chicken Cheese Enchilada

In honor of our new wonderful state of Wisconsin my first recipe will be Chicken Cheese Enchilada's.  Yesterday I cleaned, read my book, cleaned, cooked, ate, played super munchkins, read, and went to sleep.    I told you pretty boring right now.  Same thing to day woke up, got dressed, watch some shows on hulu, eat launch, finished mockingjay, cleaned, cooked, ran to Walmart & hobby lobby, hanged up some pictures, read a couple of capthers of the vow, and eating peanut butter m&m's while typing this.  Tomorrow I am going to clean, try to get a eye exam, hair cut, and we are getting our licences and plates for our car.  I am going to get my craft room done then I will post pictures of our place.  Anyways back to the recipe, When I was younger my mom bought me a cook book at cookbooks in Kearney, NE.  When we got home from our trip mom made me make something out of it with her help.  This is the recipe I choose and I have added changes to it over this year.

Chicken Cheese Enchilada 

8 (8in) Flour Tortillas 
8 to 11 oz of shredded cheddar cheese
3 to 4 boneless chicken Breast cook and shredded 
1 C Salas 
1 Can nacho Cheese soup (I found mine in the soup aisle)
8 oz of Sour cream
1 tablespoon of Taco seasoning 

1) Cook your chicken how ever you like.  You can fry, bake it, or our favorite thing to do is get a whole chicken and cook in the crock pot and shredded it.  Then we put two cups worth in a freeze's bag and freezers.
2)Pre heat oven 350
3)Prepare the soup as directed and set aside. 
4)Mix shredded chicken, sour cream together and taco seasoning.
5) Along one side of each tortilla spread about 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture and roll tortillas Place in a greased 9x 13 backing dish.  
6) Spread the soap over top of the rolled tortilla and sprinkle cheese on top.
7) Bake for 35 minutes and top it with the salsa.

-Have a wonderful night and a great day tomorrow!!

1 comment: